4 Questions You Need to Ask If You Want to Be in the U.S. Legally

Until you get answers to these 4 questions, you may not be in America legally! Instead, start your immigration journey the right way — by arming yourself with information:

1. “What immigration forms do I need to fill out?”

The answer to this question is a little tricky, because it depends on your specific situation. There are all kinds of different immigration forms, and only some of them will apply to you. For example, if you’re not coming to America as a refugee, you can skip certain forms. Or, if you need to bring certain relatives with you, you’re going to have to fill out certain immigration forms.

And, once you’re here, the paperwork doesn’t stop. For example, if your green card ever gets lost, stolen, damaged, or outdated, you’ll need to fill out a form to replace it. Then, if you ever decide to apply for full-fledged citizenship, you’ll have to fill out more forms.

2. “What is a fiancée Visa?”

If you’re coming to the U.S. because you’re getting married to a citizen here, you will need a fiancée Visa. Your husband or wife-to-be will have to apply for it on your behalf. Basically, what it says is that you’re allowed to come into the U.S. during a six month window.

After that, you have 90 days to get married. If you don’t, your fiancée Visa will expire.
Once you do get married, your spouse can file forms to make you a permanent resident. Then, instead of having a Visa, you would get a green card.

3. “How hard is to get a green card?”

Learning how to get a green card means learning all of the conditions, making sure you meet them, filling out specific forms, and then agreeing to follow certain rules.
It’s hard to give step-by-step instructions on exactly how to get a green card, because there are so many different reasons why people get them — and each scenario is a little bit different. You might get one because you’ve married a U.S. citizen. Or, you might get one because you’ve sought political asylum in America. Or, you might get one because you won a green card lottery.

4. “Why should I fill out an application for a U.S. passport?”

If you’re ever granted citizenship and you want to travel outside the country, it’s an absolute must! Once you’ve completed your application for a U.S. passport, you can prove that you’re an American citizen, that you’re free to travel anywhere you want, and that you’re free to come back into the U.S. once your trip is over.

If you need help making sense of everything, turn to the team at www.us-immigration.com. They’re here to help!

Comments are closed