Sponsoring Your Fiancée or Spouse for A US Visa or Green Card

Are you a U.S. citizen or green card holder who is planning on getting engaged or married to a citizen of another country? You can have your fiancée or spouse join you in the United States since he or she has the right to apply for a green card or U.S permanent residency.

The process of getting <a href=”https://www.us-immigration.com/cart/category/us-visas.html”>US visas</a> for spouses and fiancées can be a long process including going through a multi-step application process which begins with the submission of the relevant petitions by the partner who is a U.S. citizen or green card holder. American Immigration Center Inc provides assistance and advice to the applicant.

To apply for a <strong>fiancée visa</strong>, which can only be done by a holder of US citizenship and not a green card holder, one needs to lodge the I-129 F form at the USCIS Office (USCIS) in the district you belong to. Once the petition is submitted it can take from up to a month to 90 days to process the application subsequent to which you will have to face an interview where you will be required to provide proof of your relationship and proof that you met within the last two years by providing telephone bills, letters, and plane tickets if you travelled together. A fiancée visa will be granted if the requirements are met and you and your fiancée will have to get married within two years of entering the U.S.

A U.S. citizen or a green card holder can <a href=”http://www.us-immigration.com/cart/category/green-card.html”>apply for a green card</a> for a spouse. In order to be eligible for a green card by marriage you need to be legally married according to the laws of the country in which you got married, this can be proved by providing a marriage certificate issued by a government office of that country, and neither party should not have been married to another person at the time of marriage.

Marriage to a U.S. citizen or green card holder does not automatically make you a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. You will be required to submit Form I-130 (Petition to Classify Status of Alien Relative for Issuance of Immigrant Visa) to be submitted by the U.S.citizen or permanent resident spouse and Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) to be submitted by the parties seeking U.S. visas, to apply for a green card by marriage along with required supporting documentation.

After submitting the necessary forms the USCIS will require the foreign spouse to avail themselves for an interview at a consulate abroad. If an immigrant visa is granted by the USCIS the spouse can enter the US with this visa and upon arriving in the US, his or her passport will be stamped and will officially become a permanent resident.

If you need assistance with filing the forms and going through the process, the experts at <a href=”http://www.us-immigration.com/”>American Immigration Center Inc</a> will guide you through the process.

Comments are closed